Natalie Rae was due on January 13, 2014; however, I had some blood pressure issues going on and then developed preeclampsia which caused her to be delivered 6 weeks early on December 4, 2013.
Long Story:
I was put on bed rest due to my blood pressure being borderline high the week before Thanksgiving. I had no idea my blood pressure was high. I had no symptoms whatsoever. My doctor moved me up to weekly appointments to better monitor my blood pressure and I was having to take it twice a day at home. Bed rest worked, but it was so hard to be on bed rest when I felt perfectly fine.
On Tuesday, December 3 I had a doctors appointment in Trussville to check my blood pressure and do an ultrasound. Momma went with me in hopes to do some Christmas shopping afterwards. (Just a few stops because I was suppose to still be on bed rest.) I was quickly called back for an ultrasound and Natalie looked perfect, the fluid levels were great and she had an estimated weight of 5lbs. 3oz. While Natalie looked perfect, I on the other hand was apparently developing some problems I was unaware of because again I had no symptoms. I was leaking protein into my urine but on a scale of 0-4 I got a 2 plus my blood pressure was a little higher than what it had been being. At that point Dr. Taylor walks in and sends me straight to the hospital for a 24 hour urine test. So I go and check myself into the hospital for testing. Within 30 minutes mom and I are in a room and my testing had began. I called Daniel to tell him what was going on and that it would just be an overnight stay. He came to the hospital to stay with me so that momma could go home. It was a pretty boring night just hanging out. Daniel and I talked about what our options were and what we were going to do. We prayed all night (there was little to no sleep). Dr. Taylor came in Wednesday morning and said that everything was looking good and that I would be going home that afternoon. So I called and gave the rest of the family the update that there wouldn't be a baby that I would be coming home on strict bed rest. However, my urine test wasn't up until 3pm and that would be the ultimate decision maker. When 3pm rolled around my test was up but it would be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before we got the results. At this point everyone is still saying we are going home. At 4pm Dr. Taylor walks in and looks at me and Daniel and said, "You are having a baby tonight probably around 7 or 8." In 24 hours I had developed preeclampsia and was on the verge of eclampsia. I was no where near ready to have a baby just yet I still had 6 weeks left before she was going to arrive. I had absolutely nothing with me at the hospital except a camera so I guess we had the most important thing for the time being. Daniel went out and called our parents while I was being officially admitted to the hospital. The nurses came in to start the IV and I was asked a thousand questions. I was put on magnesium to keep me from having seizures because of my blood pressure and preeclampsia. (That stuff is awful.) Once the magnesium got into my system is when things started getting a little fuzzy for me and I lost track of time. At some point momma and Jake showed up. Daddy was already at work and had a load scheduled before we got in touch with him so he wasn't able to be there. (Remember, I was suppose to be going home so I told him earlier in the day to go on to work I would be home and see him on Thursday.) Around 7 Dr. Taylor came back in and said it was show time. I was carried to the OR while Daniel suited up for a C-Section.
At 8:08pm our lives changed forever. Natalie Rae Morrison was born weighing in at 5lbs. 6oz. and 18.5 inches long. She was perfect in every single way.
No comments:
Post a Comment