Momma was suppose to pick Kynlee up from daycare because they were originally closing at 2:30. We decided we might better go ahead and get her. Natalie stayed with Papa while Nana and I went to pick up Kynlee. When we got to daycare around 10, they were hunting a number to call and let us know that they were closing somewhere between 11 and 11:30 and were trying to get in touch with all parents. Thankfully we made it there and back without any problems.
In the meantime, Uncle Jake is at school in Oxford. I had texted him and called him to tell him to come home. He left Oxford at 10:30 and within 30 minutes he was calling saying he couldn't get home. There was a wreck on 431 in the curves and the interstate was at a standstill. So his only option left to try was Hwy. 78 to Heflin. He got stuck there too. You could feel the tension in the house of having one of your own stranded. After about an hour an a half of being stranded he called and let us know that there was people there working to clear the road and he had some Clay County folks with him. We all breathed a sigh of relief. He finally made it home 3.5 hours later. We were all so thankful he wasn't one that was stranded out on the road and was able to make it home. There were thousands of people out there that weren't as fortunate.
Once everyone made it to Nana and Papa's we went out to play and for a few pictures.
Natalie and Kynlee's first snow
I sure do miss the hogs, but after the past 2 days I am very thankful we didn't have to worry about feeding them and checking their water.
We were still stuck inside today. Clay County was pretty much still shut down. The three of us and Kirby loaded up and went back to Nana and Papa's to sit by the fire. Daniel and Uncle Jake ventured out and went to town and to Maw Maw Betty's to feed the cows. When they got back I was about to go stir crazy, I had to get outside. So Uncle Jake and I went and played in the road. Natalie stayed inside by the fire with her daddy and only came out for a quick picture.
Please keep your comments to yourself. I know she doesn't have anything on her head but it isn't worth the fight for a 5 sec picture. She hates anything on her head. She was only uncovered for Nana to snap the picture and then she was covered back up and carried back inside.
We ended the day with a beautiful sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment