This year was MUCH different for Daniel and I. I do believe this is the first beach trip I have ever came home from with no tan lines and I was ok with that. :)
On Friday afternoon I skipped out on car riders and came home to load up the vehicle and hit the road. My personal goal was to be southbound by 4. Daniel thought I was crazy since I had made it home by 2:45ish. He thought we should be on the road before then, but when you are packing the entire house well it just takes that long to load everything up. We were rolling through Ashland at about 4 and he said well I guess you were right. (ALWAYS!! :D) I had packed just about everything we owned for Natalie except her bed and well after this trip that will go next time too. I thought she could just sleep with us but boy was I wrong. She and her daddy slept great, me not so much. I believe I am paying for how I use to sleep. She was all over that bed twisting and turning.
The ride down wasn't terrible but it wasn't the greatest either once he hit the Dothan area. It was bed time for her and well she just wanted to be held. We finally made it to our room about 10:30 Friday night.
Watching some Mickey Mouse to pass the time
Saturday morning we woke up and I could not wait to get Natalie's toes in the sand. I need her to be like her momma and not her daddy. Her daddy hates the beach but I LOVE it. We made a run to Walmart to get the necessities and then grabbed some breakfast before hitting the beach.
Ready to hit up the beach. I think she is adorable!
By the time we got down to the beach she was asleep.
We spent the afternoon by the pool she really seemed to like the water.
I love these two to pieces!!
That night all 17 of us (counting kids) went to eat at the Backporch!
Natalie was a bit excited I do believe :)
Sunday was a different story. It was me and Natalie. We really appreciate her daddy being around to help way more than he knows. I decided since it was just me and her that we would hang by the pool and not even fool with the beach. (I would not have done the before Natalie!) Side note: There were other people with us, I wasn't completely by myself but they all have kids of their own too. Natalie was not in the best of moods so we didn't spend much time at the pool before we headed back to the room. When her daddy got back from fishing he kept Natalie in the room and let me go sit in the sun. She still wasn't a happy camper so I didn't sit in the sun long before I just got our stuff up and headed to the room for the day.
Natalie really loves her some Addie Brooke!
Originally our trip was for Friday thru Tuesday....we checked out a day early. I thought it would be best to get Natalie back on schedule before finishing up the last few days of school before summer. We packed up Monday morning and hit the road headed home. She did great. She slept from Bonifay to Ashland.
Overall it was a great trip and we had a good time but vacations now have a whole new meaning with a baby involved. Weekend trips are out of the question...if I am going to pack up the house I am at least gonna stay for a week. Our next beach trip is in July so hopefully it will be better


No comments:
Post a Comment